Here is another recipe I created for the 21 Day Fix program I’m doing right now (see color container equivalency below). This can be made with any type of meat, or meatless. The soup is adaptable for food allergies, gluten free, vegan diets.
- ½ lb. ground turkey (can use ground bison, lean ground beef, or meatless substitute)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 10 oz. mushrooms
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes 14oz each (can substitute 10 fresh tomatoes)
- 1 can of black beans; rinsed and drained 15oz (can substitute dried black beans, soaked overnight)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ to ½ teaspoons chili powder (1 ½ makes it very hot and probably not kid-friendly)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Pour oil into skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Toss in onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Then add turkey and brown for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
My friends and I have had great success on this 21 Day Fix eating and exercise program. We’re only halfway through and have lost between 2lbs-6lbs! If you’re doing this program, a large bowl of this chili would be approximately 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow, and 1 green.